.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Selena Gomez: The Mirror Interview

Selena Gomez' new interview with The Mirror UK.

On acting at a young age: ‘I was seven when I first wanted to be a performer. My mum was an actress and I loved watching her run her lines. Being an only child, I had to find ways to entertain myself and I used to put on little plays. Eventually, I asked my mum if I could be an actress and of course she supported me and helped me achieve that.’ ‘I think a lot of kids that age are like, “I want to be an astronaut. I want to do this or that”, but I knew that’s what I really wanted to do. I think you can be a lot more fearless with those decisions when you’re younger.

On paparazzi: ‘Whenever I go out of town they follow me, when I’m at home in LA sometimes they give me space. I don’t like it at all, but it comes with the job. I’m pretty boring for a teenager really, I just like to do normal things and I’m not into the partying scene. My job’s so crazy that in my free time I just like to stay in and watch movies. ‘For other people it’s a little crazier than it is for me. I think the bigger you are, the harder it gets to maintain some kind of normality.’

On how she stays normal: ‘In my world there’s a lot of things available to me. But I think having some sense of authority in my life reminds me I’m just a kid.’

On comparisons: ‘I honestly think the comparisons are a compliment. But I’m not here to mimic anybody.’

On her first concert:‘I was so nervous I nearly threw up,’ she says opening her brown eyes wide. ‘My first concert was just last year and my music was very new to me. But I have the best fans in the world, which helped’. ‘I definitely love to wear sparkly things,’ she says, her eyes lighting up. ‘One time I wore a cute little black dress that was covered in sequins, and on stage with the lights, it was so much fun, it was awesome.’