.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nikki Reed Covers Saturday Night Magazine







Nikki Reed takes the June 2010 cover of Saturday Night Magazine

On coming to terms with Rosalie’s beauty: “It opened up all these questions about what beauty is. It really stressed me out for a long time. It made me more aware of my insecurity. I eventually had to just be ok with what it is — that is that everyone’s beautiful and we’re all beautiful in a different way. There’s no single person on the planet, not Monica Bellucci or Adriana Lima, that is universally the most beautiful person.”

On getting close with the cast: “It depends on where we’re at in our lives (on who she’s closest with). We all get along really well but on this last movie, it just so happened that Elizabeth [Reaser] and I were living literally two steps away from each other. When you came out of my door and took a hard left you were in her room. When I quit smoking that changed who I hung out with in our cast because I got really active and into working out and Elizabeth and Kellan [Lutz] are really active. There was a time when I wanted to sit and smoke cigarettes and play guitar and sing.”

On taping into her talent at an early age: “It was a very unconventional situation. There was no plan. I wasn’t a crazy teenager that was like, ‘I want to be a screenwriter.’ I just do a lot of writing for myself, and I was a precocious child and liked to express my feelings all the time. I was writing about my family and my life and what was going on. Catherine Hardwicke, who dated my father when I was a kid, said, ‘What if we write this movie?’ And we got it made.”